I had made this post for my birthday which was a couple of months ago..(in April). Since then, I was wondering where the post went only to discover it sitting in my drafts! Smh 🙄
Anyway, it’s never too late to list out life lessons. So, here are some things I have learnt in my early 20’s.
- It’s okay to miss the past, but do not dwell on it.
- Don’t take texting too seriously.
- It’s okay to outgrow people.
- Letting go is necessary to be happy. You don’t have to forgive or anything, but accepting and moving on is a big step.
- Eat what you want, but in moderation.
- Make friends with people who drive you and you can learn something from.
- Spend your money wisely.
- You can’t expect everybody to be good to you. Never assume anyone has your best interests at heart.
- Be excellent in all things. Invest in yourself. Travel, read good books and learn new things everyday.
- Different doesn’t mean worse, or better. It just means different.
- These boys don’t love you. Baby girl, focus.
- Keep at least $100 in your savings account for emergencies.
- Say ‘no’ and understand that you don’t owe anybody any explanations as long as it’s a personal decision.
- Your parents will expect more independence and responsibility from you as you get older. Do not whine about everything, all the time to them.
- Be strong. Do not let people treat you like garbage. Stand up for yourself, always.
- Take things one day at a time, do not stress about the future. Focus on what’s going on now.
- Seriously, water is your best friend. Drink it, regularly.
- Gratitude is the key to happiness.
- Take care of your feet.
- Keep your loved ones close.
- You’ll find happiness in the little things.
- Comparison is the thief of joy. Never compare yourself to anyone.
It’s weird. I always thought of 22 as being old and yet here I am with still so much to learn and experience.
Are you a fellow 22 year old or older, or younger? What are your life lessons so far?
Let me know, let me knoww!! Comment below!