Great weekend so far, yes?
Today, I will like to share a recent food addiction with you guys, I don’t know what it is, but I have been so obsessed with banana bread lately and my friend baked one a few months back,with nuts!!! I went mad, I was drawn in, I couldn’t stop!
And so, during one of my study breaks (which was around 1am ), I decided to make a banana bread and share on my Snapchat, before I thought of sharing it on the blog! (Excuses for my somewhat bad quality photos ). When I baked this, I didn’t have nut mix so I substituted it with muesli and I fell more in love!
Before I start talking too much and not give the recipe, lets get right to it!
- 2-3 very RIPE bananas, peeled.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1,1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup/handful of your favorite nut mixes, or granola, or muesli
- A mixing bowl
- A fork
- A sturdy spoon
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO :
- Preheat your oven to 175°c and butter your loaf pan
- In the mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until its smooth…
- Add in the melted butter and mix
- Add the baking soda and salt
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract
- Mix in the flour
- Add your extras (Nut mix, chocolate, or muesli) and carefully fold it into the mix.
- Pour in the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Toss it into the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a fork inserted comes out clean!
- When its done, cool it for a bit
- Serve with ice cream or your favorite cup of tea. Heck, with whatever you like! 😉
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! If you happen to use it, you can share your banana bread with me by posting on your social media and tagging me 🙂