Christmas is a time of cheer and merry, a time to relax, reflect or dress up and look good. With that, I chose to go out for once, this year. I mean, who doesn’t love getting dressed up and going out on a nice Christmas Eve?
I’ve had this jumpsuit for two years but I never could quite figure out why I never wore it. I guess I hadn’t found the right ocassion like on this day.
What I really loved about my look was how comfortable it was first of all, it was chic but also playful.
I loved the colors which I think complemented my skin tone so well, and also reminded me of the ankara styles which are mostly worn back home in Nigeria.
I paired the jumpsuit with red pumps from ASOS which seriously revived my love for heels.
Finally, I topped it off with a coat which was from my mother’s wardrobe. It fit perfectly for the look I was going for.
My makeup was subtle just as planned, and my hair was revamped by Callahcrowns. If you are in need of great hair revamp and all things hair, contact her here. You wont regret it!
I know how important it is to look good on special days like Christmas and New Years Eve, so here are the tips I had at the back of my mind while pairing this outfit :
- Do not exaggerate, less is always more.
- Play with just a few accessories.
- Show less, suggest more. Be subtle, nuanced.
Outfit Details :
Jumpsuit : Zara
Shoes : ASOS
Coat : Kenneth Cole
Accessories : Random thrift shops
OTHER POSTS YOU MAY FIND INTERESTING :
- What I Wore : The Summer Trend I Didn’t Get Tired Of – Bermuda Shorts! (+Styling Tips)
- Self Care September : This Month’s Challenge You Should Participate In
- My Summer Manifesto : Finding Joy In Doing Much Less – The Ash Tree Journal
- Here’s Why You Should Keep A Childlike Attitude, Always. (+OOTD Pictures,Included)
- Is Blogging Really For You? Find Out Now! (5 Reasons Why)
JOIN THE CONVERSATION :
You look amazing. I’m a huge fan of Bermuda shorts too but I go the easy way while styling them:…
I love the denim skirts, although food won’t let me be great! Lol so for me I’ll go for the…
[…] : Why Denim Skirts Are To Die […]
I’m more of a shirt and jean kinda guy. Nothing special except those new vans i got this summer. Nice…
[…] READ : Why Sweater Weather Is My Best Weather […]