Christmas is a time of cheer and merry, a time to relax, reflect or dress up and look good. With that, I chose to go out for once, this year. I mean, who doesn’t love getting dressed up and going out on a nice Christmas Eve?
I’ve had this jumpsuit for two years but I never could quite figure out why I never wore it. I guess I hadn’t found the right ocassion like on this day.
What I really loved about my look was how comfortable it was first of all, it was chic but also playful.
I loved the colors which I think complemented my skin tone so well, and also reminded me of the ankara styles which are mostly worn back home in Nigeria.
I paired the jumpsuit with red pumps from ASOS which seriously revived my love for heels.
Finally, I topped it off with a coat which was from my mother’s wardrobe. It fit perfectly for the look I was going for.
My makeup was subtle just as planned, and my hair was revamped by Callahcrowns. If you are in need of great hair revamp and all things hair, contact her here. You wont regret it!
I know how important it is to look good on special days like Christmas and New Years Eve, so here are the tips I had at the back of my mind while pairing this outfit :
- Do not exaggerate, less is always more.
- Play with just a few accessories.
- Show less, suggest more. Be subtle, nuanced.
Outfit Details :
Jumpsuit : Zara
Shoes : ASOS
Coat : Kenneth Cole
Accessories : Random thrift shops
OTHER POSTS YOU MAY FIND INTERESTING :
- Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Both Sexes
- Foodlovin’ : I Found Love In Hummus Bar, Budapest!
- Beauty : LUSH Cosmetics “Mask Of Magnaminty” Product Review |The Ash Tree Journal
- What I Wore : My Christmas Eve Outfit + Tips I Followed While Choosing It |The Ash Tree Journal
- 5 Tips On How To Create The Perfect Wedding Registry -How To Register For Wedding Gifts | The Ash Tree Journal
JOIN THE CONVERSATION :
Thank you! I look forward to having some plans as well!
Thank you! c
Great ideas you have curated here! I so much love the matching gifts you have here. No plans yet, but…
Impressive 🙂 Every one loved budget traveling. Your post very helpful people who need make budget travel package. Any way…
This masks sounds like a minty delight. I love at home face masks and I’m always looking for good ones